10 DIY Delights for Throwing the Ultimate Outdoor Party
22nd July 2015
As we’re enjoying summer in and around our homes, more of us are having guests round to enjoy our garden space as well as our kitchens. We’ve trawled the Internet and selected ten of our favourite outdoor party tips and tricks. Totally inexpensive and surprisingly simple, bear these nuggets of wisdom in mind the next time you light up the barbecue.
1. Keep the bugs at bay by dishing up your salads in large cookie jars. You can also create your own labels to add that personal touch.
2. Keep all those tasty beverages cool by placing them in a bucket filled with frozen water balloons. It’s practical and also adds a pop of colour.
3. Keep all of your cutlery together and organised in this DIY tin can invention. Simple, free, and rather pretty.
4. Create a playful pillow area for guests to casually soak up the sun in or wind down for the evening. The slightly inebriated few will particularly appreciate this.
5. Build your own DIY bar so guests can serve themselves. As you’d imagine, it’s quite the crowd pleaser.
6. Always add flowers. Use mason jars to save your precious vases and to add that shabby chic vibe.
7. Create mood lighting for the evening using tin cans and tea lights. Simply paint and drill holes in them to create a colourful glow.
8. Set out a cute and clearly marked dirty dish bin for guests. This will save you the time and hassle of picking up plates along the way.
9. Have a few party games up your sleeve. For instance, all you need is some temporary colour spray and some friends to recreate the timeless Twister.
10. And just for the kids, we’re throwing in this homemade sprinkler. A hose, duct tape, and a 2 litre bottle is sometimes all your need to create your own water feature.
Make the most of summer with Dream Doors
Whilst entertaining guests in the garden is a staple of summer, the temperamental British climate doesn’t always permit that long overdue BBQ or garden party. So if you find that you’re entertaining guests in your kitchen area this summer, there are a number of things you can do to revamp the space and dazzle your guests. From adding replacement kitchen doors to achieve a new look to revamping your kitchen’s décor and lighting, your local Dream Doors kitchen showroom can help you achieve your ideal look for less.
To find your nearest kitchen showroom, simply click here now.